Tuesday, March 30, 2010

LEAP : Mathematics Applied Learning

Please

SST LEAP : Mathematics @ Science Centre 2010

Please post your comments on the following key questions:

1. Identify at least one key learning points from the workshop.

2. Identify the character traits and dispositions you think will be critical in the studies of Mathematics.

3. Through the Mathematics Trail identify at least 1 key areas in Mathematics that could be applied in the real world.

16 comments:

  1. I learnt what a polygon was. I also learnt that maths is everywhere .
    In the studies of Maths, you need to be patient and careful, You also need to be persistent.
    Amrit

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. I learnt how to identify if an NIRC number was a real one or not, and maths is essential in everything around us.

    2. Careful, Quick and Accurate.

    3. In codings ( Car licence plate, NIRC )

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. I learnt that everything is some how related to maths and we would not have the technology that we have now like our macbooks

    2.We need to have critical thinking skills, patience, persistent, courage.

    3.In building elagent and strong structures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have learnt about the golden logic used to calculate the outline of the face.
    Do not get stressed out or not you will easily get frustrated and give up. So you must be patient and concentrated.

    I can apply the NRIC coding thingy and come up with my own security codes in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1) I learnt that almost everything is related to maths. For example, the monopoly game. We would need to strategise FAST our way to win the whole game. It is like maths, we would need CRITICAL THINKING, SPEED and ACCURACY.

    3) I can apply the strategic from the monopoly game in the business sector in the real world.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 1) I learnt that the monopoly game may not win by luck and it can be calculated through probability. I have also learnt how to calculate probabilities.

    2)We need to be quick and accurate in calculating, have critical thinking skills and careful.

    3)I can apply the strategies that I have learnt in playing games like monopoly when doing business and know how to calculate the chances of earning money.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tay Kun Yao (20)

    1. I learnt what a palindrome is and also that Math can be found everywhere, even in games.

    2. We need to be Careful and not to be Careless, We also have to be strong when it comes to calculating mentally and also be accurate when calculating.

    3. We can calculate the distances and heights of a Building using Math.

    ReplyDelete
  8. 1. I learnt about probability and how it can be used not only in games such as monopoly but also in many other things.

    2. You have to be patient, fast but accurate and also not be easily distracted

    3. I can apply it when I am buying stocks and doing business.

    ReplyDelete
  9. 1)I learnt that we need maths in our lives as everything is connected to the subjects we learn today.We may not remember the equations or solutions to solve complex problems well,but maths can train the brain in doing problems such as problem solving to over come the difficulties of future maths through this maths workshop as my thinking skill of my maths class has proven t be a great advantage for me in the game.

    2)Memory,skill,experience and cautious but not too much as we still need speed as speed is the essence.

    3)We could solve major problem at a much faster rate as Maths will train us in think fast and efficiently through doing of mental sums.

    ReplyDelete
  10. 1)I learnt about using probability to work out strategies to win a game.

    2)You need to be patient when doing Mathematics.

    3)When using money.

    ReplyDelete
  11. 1) I have learnt that victory in 'monopoly' is not determined by luck or chance. By working out the probability of landing on the different colours, one has a high chance of winning the game.

    2) It is possible to apply the proccesses learnt to win 'monopoly' to excel in business.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Abigail Agustines

    1. How probability can be used to find out the chances in Monopoly to help us with the game.

    2. It is mostly carelessness because we may calculate certain stuff wrongly which would affect the whole answer together with critical thinking.

    3. The use of finding out if a certain NRIC is fake or real. Like how people check for security purposes.

    ReplyDelete
  13. 1) I learnt how to calculate the volume of a prism. I also learnt that probability can be used in many things.

    2) We need to be careful and not careless,We need to have critical thinking skills and we need to have critical thinking skills.

    3) We can calculate the distance and heights of the pillar of buildings so the building would be stable.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Daniel Chan (08)
    Class:1-05
    1)I learnt that although we may not realize it,maths is used in everything we do.

    2)You have to be precise,careful and patient.

    3)We can apply winning strategies and probability in stock markets and businesses.

    ReplyDelete
  15. 1. I learned how to use probability as before i did not know what the probability rate is

    2. Work with anyone and everyone well to get the job done.

    3.We Can use the game of monopoly as a stand point and use that in relation of our investments in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  16. 1) I learnt that NRIC numbers cannot be faked.

    2) You have to understand the questions and be accurate in the calculations to get the question right.

    3) NRIC numbers can be checked or we can use them and check if they are real before using them to create accounts.

    ReplyDelete